11 September 2006

Off of anything необычно.

Sitting in the one US cafe in St. Petersburg, almost feel a bit low for sinking smoothly into the atmosphere though it is the sort of place I would frequent in the States. Across from the US consulate, bit of Miles Davis and a rough Brooklyn owner, and some strong тёмное in a half liter. And not even touching on the free wireless opened up today, the second ever in the city. Top fucking notch, and a sort of weakness I can fit in.
Registered with the US consulate here a few hours previous, actually all within a few blocks of the ostracized university buildings which the ridiculously low level classes are held in. After four separate checks of my documents, partial as my passport is still being processed for my second of a 3-part visa, and a few close experiences in various areas with Russian US consulate guards, I made it through to the area of US State Department employees separated through bulletproof layers of glass and steel from the Marines, still processing the alcohol from the consulate party a few days past. Carries over an intense, seriously intense, excitement for spring and the vibes from such. If I had higher levels of USD and some select personalities from the States around, nothing against some select people on the trip, this would be intensely incredible. Classes are slow so I picked up some Russian book with a great cover, figured out it was written under a Russian pseudonym to avoid government strands and the roubles were flat on the always present plastic changeholder deals. I'll start that off in a few hours, possibly with a Балтика 3 тёмное on the side.
One for the Baltic waves.

No comments: