01 January 2007

Hours.

Last few hours in Tallinn, crazy. I spent the New Years in the main square of Old Towne, talking to a couple from Polska and avoiding the random personal fireworks spurting from all sides in suprise. This last stretch is surrounded by Eesti, French, and English, and all drowned in glögi. Would any other way really trump this? Lack of sobriety is possible, following a few Saku, some Chilean wine, some rum and coke, possibly something else at Levis Väljas, just known to English speakers as the underground, with the Poles, why should I remember? I have spent the last hour clutching consciousness as my bus leaves in a few hours and the walk to the departure point will take a while. There is a French guy translating through an Eesti guy to the Eesti guy's sister that he, well, wants on her, through English, and in the last few minutes another French guy has jumped in the trio to clear the English a bit before translation. The Irish guy, John, that basically runs the place will probably be in within a few minutes to shout it all down. He usually has some crab pants on, really great guy after you are here a while though. I can really catch his point. After a few weeks, even days, in a hostel like such, you see such varied crowds. John has been around since, June? I saw him my last time around the city when I was at the other hostel, he has been saving getting 'proper fucked' for a while now, and sadly as last night was the time for it, it was called off with some late registrers. That is an English word now, write that one down. The gap separating now from later posts will probably be a bit longer, as I will spend most of the time in transport or in aeroports the next two days, then taking myself into the timezone back in the Cities. So crazy, hours?!
Turning point in the French-English-Eesti, she is 16?! The French aren't much over that either, making me feel like a well-weathered gentleman already, I should be waving a cane and shouting for some quiet in these hours. I'll just bury myself in this glögi and thoughts of the crowds and other part French times already past, for now.
Skylines loom. Terviseks, prost!

No comments: