11 August 2008

И чуть о России..

Just have to throw it in there as well.. welcome to the new Холодная Война (Cold War). Russian media is making a point of stating how US planes are flying 800 Georgian fighters from Iraq back home, in order to fight Russians. Another article rages on about how their troops have been trained by American forces for the last ten years.

I'm just drawn into a news programme in the middle of the breathless Russian reporting which detailed every type of military equipment Georgia is using ('against peaceful people and Russian citizens').. how many troops were trained by the US and Turkey.. where they bought and where everything was constructed (Turkey, Israel, Ukraine and US).. and just came up how apparently Georgian special forces planned a terrorist attack in Russia, according to the FSB. Medvedev is meeting with FSB now, so time to tune on to that one..

Proxy wars again?! Language at the Security Council is sharp.. The world should fear when the Russian military tires of beating its own members up and turns to other sources. Oh, wait, this is a 'peace keeping' mission..

Tick, tick..

Вперёд..

1 comment:

Erin+n Liebhard said...

Oh you. I have been thinking about you quite a bit lately, while listening to 'Dot.' What a good CD.

I have also been pondering how I we will miss crossing paths by about 15 days - sucks. But You had better be serious about coming out to visit me in Calgary. I will have a nice stretch of floor waiting for you (barring the purchase or commandeering of actual furniture). I have been thinking about when you made your move and when Bri made her move and how you got rid of all your stuff. I feel so tied down by stuff. I wanted to be organized enough to have gotten rid of a bunch of it, and life ended up happening and not giving me enough time. The only thing that has kept me from getting rid of everything is the idea that I will not have enough money to buy it all back when I actually need it! Maybe I will never actually need it.

But alas, I am rambling to you. You just made me think of this stuff.

Come see me. Or I will see you at Christmas. Congrats on the close of one adventure and the opening of another.

Love,

Erinn