06 September 2010

Suund. Direction.

The air is crisp once more, breaths become deeper and I find myself engulfed in the struggle to live every moment in life just as the one in which I was in before. The definition of this 'before' of course ranges, becomes every more widespread and varied as time curves forth. Eks proovingi ikka.

Summer has softly relinquished to autumn, which enters in a moment with a light wave. I feel myself grappling with the moments, turning them over carefully for elements of tangibility. Not that I expect to find any, or would even wish for it. More merely a process with which to acknowledge and grasp more deeply. Truly. Madly? That's enough.

Adventures numbered many throughout the warmer months, thus a lack in expressing them through typed form. Each provided moments for meditation of various frequencies.. and I'm thirsty for more. The one which would have spun me like an ocean surge unfortunately was delayed until the moment (and numbers in my bank account) strike. I had planned on keeping the compass needle firmly on N, heading to Anár (Inari) and delving into Ijahis Idja, a Sámi music festival in late August. Alas the sharper end of capitalization caught me and travel conjoined with accommodations near +10 C would have left a large gap in my monetary sustainability. Nonetheless, I ended up heading to the mansion owned by my German friend Patrick's family in Saare (Lyckholm), Noarootsi. Haapsalu really entranced me, and doing the spiral bike ride (+/- 50 km/suund) through the encasing indecision of fog and misty rain was a well-centered breath.

Meeting up with Patrick and a pair of Minneapolis friends passing through definitely embolstered, though now I feel a drive for solo travel and transit once more. The likes of here (2006/07), of Copenhagen 2007, Paris 2008, Amsterdam of the same year. Even mere bus rides, train rides, moments passing with Múm in my ears. Moving as part of the mass, unnoticed yet present and rising. Mist the unknown, in common transit as well.

It approaches once more; in Eesti or degrees of latitude North.. the crisp air will accompany, with scarves and deep breaths throughout.

Edasi, вперёд..

No comments: