03 July 2007

Nädal, и тогда,



I am becoming quietly frenzied in anticipation of departure. I really should touch up studying eesti keel a bit this next week. I've been taking on Master and Margarita to great proportions lately, though, this time around actually in Russian. Great for submersing a bit more in it, though much of it is heavily stylistic , which is at least messing up my sanity in flipping around the beautiful hulk of a Russo-English dictionary which I own. Should really land a Russo-Estonian dictionary when I am back Eestis. If anything, just so that I can determine what are in picture-less mystery boxes of food or drink in produkti stores and lacking any translation into any more comprehensible or non-Fenno-Urgic language (bar Dutch, still have no confirmation on my tickets!). Really made a mistake on that one morning, the type of morning where for various reasons your throat is dry and your head hurts and you jacket bulges from pint glasses stolen somehow in the dusk of the previous evening, that sort of morning. Reached into a cooler to pick out a bottle of some interesting looking, presumably non-alcoholic, locally produced beverage. Paid some kroons, opened the cap, in took an amount larger than a sip, and delightfully discovered the flat, underside of a Soviet mattress taste of kvass permeating my bone marrow. Vanilla Coke would really have been a great choice.
Really, though, stoked for the flights and settlings in a weeks time. While scratching this out (I'm dabbling in the new OneNote, mainly because whenever I attempt to post pictures through the blog it's harder to carry through than an Icelandic visa) I actually got a call from Abby, friend of mine who is studying in Copenhagen and providing a couch in an IKEA-drizzled flat for me the first few days. Should be a really chill unwinding and settling into the European landmass, wandering around coffee shops and trying to carry over a native Nordic appearance. I'll hold much digression on such for when I am actually across the Atlantic, just thinking over this is accelerating my excitement loads.

Пока, thumping beats of electronic apprehension, winding up the BPM towards a transition. Siis, ja sinna!


No comments: