15 July 2007

Põhja.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

10:34 PM


Disclaimer - I realize the pictures aren't up, they, also aren't on my laptop as of now. There is no wireless in the hostel and this is all a bit rushed, more on soon, oota!


Eestis again, ja наконец! Everything läks smoothly, almost late for the plane thanks to the hordes descending upon the one cue for all SAS flights, though fought the way through. The flight was suprisingly brief, grand view of the island off the west coast whilst peering over the person in the window seat. Bus from the airport kesklinna (to downtown) was simple enough, I haven't fully figured out what the charges are for transport, so, I only paid for one ticket on both busses. Works out, right. I live a decent bit from kesklinnalt, figured out the right stop with assistance from a crazy Eesti man who overestimated my abilities to speak the language (understandable, I asked if it was peatus Raja in Eesti keeles) as well as to drunkenly joke in the language (I was a bit deficient at both of those ends). It is really solid living this far out from the center, though. Figure the prices will be a bit lower in these parts, now that I have finally found 'a' store. I took the sort of figure eight route, which, ended me out close to the hostel where I started, and in such the store I had been looking for to stock up on groceries. I'll be figuring out if the grocieries I attempted to stock up on are actually regular things in these parts, I have often recieved the question asking me if it is really difficult to find food and if all of the stores in Russia and around these parts are still empty and shodden down. Suprisingly for them, the 90's ended a bit ago, not to mention the early ninties. This store was actually some sort of chain, possibly newer or just undergoing, well, somthing, as that question was a bit qualified täna. Most of the coolers were empty,the shelves were all cleared out and any merchandise displayed was a bit lacking in quantity. I was able to land bread, a bit of sausage (there are no knives in the hostel kitchen as it is shared with one other double room, right, also no pans), soap (solid), cereal (muesli?), and no cheese (right before I left the store they stocked some sort of freeze dried cheese into a random cart?). Же странно. Works out, if the buses run a bit more tomorrow I'll head closer to kesklinn for some other semi-necessary. I might have figured it out immediately after leaving, I dipped into a Nurga Baar (corner bar) next to it and divided by a classy looking bank, the baar had pizza advertised for 25 krooni, sounding both less expensive and more filling than the (incredibly delicious) croissant with sausage and cheese I downed before my train-to-airport-journey-fun-bucket earlier in the morning. I was being stared down by Russians the whole time calling their friends to order them to pick up some закуски (what you eat following shots), one Russian cab driver, and the light Russian pop music coating the room. The owners of the place were nice enough, the keg was dried out so they were providing bottles in place and the microwave oven pizza was decent enough. This rambling has no and intends no direction, digressing.

So many things to attempt to impart, I have thought about getting more of this out earlier, not so much sure for myself or for informing others, though actually writing it threatens with dissolution the intangibility of the thing it adresses. So, edasi.

The houses out here are incredible, in the figure eight towards empty shelves I wandered through some forests with narrow streets and reconstructed medieval replicas. Again with the shimmering.


The picture is of the sky at past kell üksteist õhtul (11 in the evening), no flash, loads of shimmer.

Homme siin, ja veel täna. Edasi,

No comments: